- Point angle 60°.
- Sprung live centre to compensate pressure and length, shock-absorbing.
- Live centre of through hardened tool steel precision ground to match the bearing.
- Precision roller bearing, lubricated for life.
- Shaft seal prevents ingress of dirt and coolant.
- Extremely rigid version with additional shaft bearing.
- Entire tool is hardened and ground.
Lathe centres are mainly used on lathes to support long and slim workpieces, since with these workpieces there would otherwise be a risk of the workpiece bending or moving around as a result of the forces generated.
The lathe centre is secured with a Morse taper. The workpiece is clamped in the chuck and a counterbore is added using a centre drill. After re-clamping, the lathe centre is then inserted.
- For damping impacts.
- For compensating thermal expansion.
- Suitable for use with face drivers.