- Body and live centre hardened.
- Live centre through hardened, multiple regrinding possible.
- Precision roller bearings for high concentricity.
- Maintenance-free due to lifetime lubrication.
- Special seal prevents ingress of dirt and coolant.
Lathe centres are mainly used on lathes to support long and slim workpieces, since with these workpieces there would otherwise be a risk of the workpiece bending or moving around as a result of the forces generated.
The lathe centre is secured with a Morse taper. The workpiece is clamped in the chuck and a counterbore is added using a centre drill. After re-clamping, the lathe centre is then inserted.
For all types of lathe, equally suitable for roughing and finish turning.