GARANT MasterSteel Feed & MasterSteel Speed:
Two revolutionary high-performance drills for maximum productivity
Outstanding drilling speeds meet extreme feed rates.
Experience the unique performance of our new MasterSteel drills and benefit from maximum productivity. GARANT MasterSteel SPEED and GARANT MasterSteel FEED reach a new performance level. Compared to a standard drill both achieve their goal at twice the speed.
Fast and strong or strong and fast – the choice is yours!
Absolute power of the 3 cutters: The latest GARANT MasterSteel FEED high feed rate drill is setting standards for feed performance and tool life.
GARANT MasterSteel FEED: Master of feed
For machines with high power output and stable operating conditions. For absolute maximum performance and productivity. Suitable for components with critical, irregular surfaces thanks to its outstanding spot drilling behaviour. For the diameter range from 4 mm to 20 mm.
1. Three cutters with special point geometry
• Stable cutting edges with large clearance at the centre.
• Designed for maximum feed rates.
2. Optimised point geometry with 145° point angle
• Very good chip flow with reduced cutting pressure and controlled chip breaking.
• Reduced burr formation when drilling through holes.
• Guarantees long tool life and process reliability.
• Patent pending.
3. Specially developed chisel edge
• Outstanding self-centring, thus easy spot drilling even on critical and irregular surfaces.
• Multi-layer PVD coating with nanolayer structure for even, controlled wear behaviour and long tool life.
5. Solid carbide substrate
• Greatly improved bending strength and hardness properties.
6. Three guide chamfers
• Stable guidance in the bore and when exiting the bore.
• Exact roundness and compliance with boring tolerance.
Extreme speed for maximum efficiency: The GARANT MasterSteel SPEED high speed drill redefines cutting speed.
GARANT MasterSteel SPEED: Master of speed
For machines with high speed and low power output. Ready for use with internal cooling and without internal cooling (article No. 12 2415). Suitable for thin-walled, unstable components due to its low cutting forces. For the diameter range from 2 mm to 20 mm.
1. Special major cutting edge
• Significant reduction of the cutting forces during drilling.
• Outstanding drilling performance even at high cutting speeds.
2. Slim chisel edge
• Perfect self-centring upon drill entry.
• The material is cut virtually to the middle and not displaced as in the standard chisel edge design.
• Wear resistance even at high process temperatures.
4. Special guide chamfers
• Reliable guidance of the tool, as the second guide chamfer supports the drill from an early stage.
• This ensures maximum "straightness" and quality in terms of bore diameters.
5. Optimised solid carbide substrate
• Extreme hardness, suitable for extreme conditions.
6. Polished flutes
• For highest demands on surface finish of the bore.
• Optimum chip flow at high metal removal volumes.
A double pack of two revolutionary high performance drills! See our high performance tools of the MasterSteel range in action.
MasterSteel Feed, the master of feed. For outstanding performance on machines with high spindle power, for extreme feeds and for impressive durability.
MasterSteel Speed, the master of speed. For outstanding performance on machines with low spindle power, for extreme cutting speeds and for minimal time needed per bore.
All drills of the MasterSteel range can be found in our online shop.
Further information about GARANT MasterSteel FEED and SPEED, as well as all tool data and comparative tests, can be found in our Innovations brochure.