Connected Data - Your tool data plug-in for efficient CAD programming
What is Connected Data
You love being a CAD / CAM programmer and are familiar with the systems. You require not just technical know-how, but also tool data. You need reliable, comprehensive information – and you need it fast. However, the search for application values, technical dimensions, downloads or even the transfer from lists can be time-consuming and annoying!
This is exactly where Connected Data comes in, because we have extended our digital service "ToolScout" by adding a tool data plug-in for the CAM solution MasterCam: Via an interface you can import the required tool and cutting data into your CAD/CAM software at the click of a mouse. A convenient way to get comprehensive data in the CNC data format you require.
In practical terms, this means for you: Time savings in CNC programming, technological data and product data that is always up-to-date, error prevention through direct import and a significant reduction in the amount of work involved in CNC programming.
The new Connected Data plug-in in your program - the benefits for you:
- No need for lengthy searches for the appropriate tool for machining the material that is used.
- No extra searching for dimensions in the catalogue.
- It is no longer necessary to download CAD models, save them locally and import them into the CAM system.
- The search for tools, including information about the required power and torque for the machine you’re planning to use, is done by ToolScouts algorithms.
- Potential sources of error arising from manual processes are eliminated.
- Huge saving of time and increase in production reliability!
It can be this easy to install the Connected Data plug-in
- You are already working with MasterCam 2020 or 2021, or you are using mdm Shopfloor Management. Solutions to link other CAD CAM systems will be introduced successively - you can find regular updates on this landing page.
- You will get access to a system library with comprehensive data on the machining processes drilling, milling and tapping.
- Once installed, you will receive the latest additions to data and machining processes free of charge - for installation, please ask your personal contact at the Hoffmann Group or use the following contact options!