Version IKC – with ceramic seal set, pressures up to 70 bar, with full dry-run capability.
Version IM – with internal clamping nut.
For use on both disc and radial turrets. Ratio 1:1. Version with internal cooling (internal) max. 25 bar.
For use on all DMG Gildemeister CTX CNC lathes with Sauter turret. Drive coupling DIN 5480. Clamping of tools in driven tool using ER collet with external nut or VARIA VX quick-change system under license from EWS. External cooling via a coolant tube, internal cooling through the tool centrally through the spindle. Maximum speed 8000 rpm.
- Design optimised for weight and geometry.
- Process reliability thanks to high-quality components, long working life.
- Transmission of high torques.
- 100% inspection – every driven tool undergoes a run-in programme.
- Through cooling: specially developed and patented seal.
As many machining steps as possible in one clamping. Where space (available clamping positions) in the revolver is at a premium.
DMG Gildemeister CTX. In some cases, Emco, Hardinge, Monforts, Scherer etc. with DIN 5480.
Driven tool for collet: including clamping nut and hook spanner. Driven tool VARIA VX: including chuck key.
Suitable inserts Varia VX No. 319802 – 319888, ER quick-change adapters No. 319761 – 319781, ER collets No. 308941 – 309878, ER clamping wrenches No. 309680 – 309745.
- Other drive types (such as DIN 5482), ratios, dimensions, BMT etc. on request, see: www.hoffmann.ews-tools.com
- IC tools (with through cooling) will not run dry with standard seal, coolant filtering < 50 µm.
- Recommendation: Tighten version VARIA VX with a torque tool (max. 6 Nm).
- For heavy-duty milling work, a variant with tapered roller bearings is recommended on request.