Your employees’ feet require protective footwear
Over the course of a lifetime, a person will roughly walk the equivalent of four times around the world. Your feet support your entire body and – literally – carry heavy loads on a daily basis. For this reason, suitable footwear is important to protect the feet at all times, especially at the work place. Modern safety shoes provide protection without stressing the feet. An optimum fit and excellent wearing comfort increase well-being, the entire musculoskeletal system is relieved of stress and long-term injury is prevented.
Safety shoes are nowadays standard in pretty much all areas of both the manufacturing and service industry. Regardless of whether it is engineers, factory workers or logisticians – there is hardly any type of personal protective equipment (PPE) that is as widely accepted as foot protection. With the right products, work accidents can be avoided and safety at the work place can be increased.
Ideal foot protection prevents injuries caused by the following hazards:
● Physical: falling objects, crushing, penetration
● Thermal: molten metal splashes, heat, weather conditions, cold
● Electrical: touching live equipment, spark formation in dangerous areas due to electrostatic build-up
● Chemical: acids, alkalis, oils, greases, fuels
● Commuting accidents: twisted ankles, slipping, tripping.
● Long-term injuries: back and knee complaints