With extended centre,
- The momentary clamping pressure is directly readable on the analogue or digital display on the base body.
- The live centre is supported by a disc spring pack with a spring travel of approx. 3.7 mm analogue and 2.6 mm or 2.8 mm digital.
- Short sturdy design with active longitudinal axis. Live centre through hardened and finish ground.
- Maximum accuracy due to precision roller bearings.
- With push-off thread and push-off nut.
- With special seal against dirt and coolant ingress, maintenance-free due to lifetime lubrication.
point angle 60°/40°.
Lathe centres are mainly used on lathes to support long and slim workpieces, since with these workpieces there would otherwise be a risk of the workpiece bending or moving around as a result of the forces generated.
The lathe centre is secured with a Morse taper. The workpiece is clamped in the chuck and a counterbore is added using a centre drill. After re-clamping, the lathe centre is then inserted.
Whenever the clamping force should be kept within certain limits,
either to prevent deformation of the component or to ensure secure clamping with sufficient pressure.
- As a tailstock centre in conjunction with hydro-mechanical face drivers No. 327451 − 327541 because the drive teeth have to dig into the component.
- For components that expand significantly due to high machining heat.
- For clamping long slender components to prevent lateral displacement.
- For clamping heavy components where a controlled clamping force is required.